Q: Can you buy or sell homes, condominiums, villas or townhomes during the Corona-virus pandemic?
A: Yes, within CDC and other safety guidelines.
Real estate has been classified as “essential business” by the Dept. of Homeland Security.
Possibly different from state to state, but at least in Florida it means real estate brokers and agents are allowed to conduct business.
But: All new transactions - listings for sellers, searches for buyers, property showings and purchases - must be electronic for the time being, with no meetings in person.
This is truly uncharted territory, for buyers, sellers and Realtors alike. But for those clients who have to sell or to purchase now and can't wait: Tobias and his team can help you.
- Selling/Listing a property right now is a bit of a challenge but is allowed as long as there is no personal contact. Tobias' favourite team is available for business: photographer, building inspectors and Title Company are on board. Sellers may not meet with anyone, be it the Realtor, photographer, inspector or any prospects in person, but video- or phone-calls are fine.
- Showing properties: personal meetings and visits are not allowed, but a Realtor can conduct a video-showing from the house, as long as neither sellers not buyers are physically present.
- Appraisals and building inspections are available, which is vital: no loan without an appraisal and an inspection – and in my experience of 28 years, even for a cash purchase there should be an inspection.
- Title companies are open (at least Tobias' recommended ones), so purchases and sales can be closed as long as they are conducted electronically.
- Notaries can work from remote locations as long as they are state-qualified to do so.
- Court Houses and Tax Appraiser offices are working electronically, so deed changes can be properly recorded.
Do you have an upcoming or planned home purchase or a sale? Do you have any questions?
Give Tobias Kaiser a quick call at 954 834 3088 to discuss, or email him at tobias@
(This post will be updated constantly as needed)